Monday, 14 May 2018
Friday, 27 April 2018
Tuesday, 20 March 2018
Friday, 9 June 2017
There are certain lifestyle choices, which include your diet that can make a huge difference in helping you prevent cancer. Some foods can actually increase the risk of cancer, while others support your body and strengthen your immune system. Here are some healthy and effective anti-cancer diet for you:-
- Drink plenty of water to fight cancer. It stimulates the immune system, removes wastes / toxins and transports nurtrients to all of your organs.
- Alchohol (including wine) consumption has been linked to increased risk of mouth, esophagus, pharynx, larnyx, liver and breast cancers. Men should limit to no more than two drinks a day while women should keep it at one drink per day.
- Limiting fried, fast and packaged foods (potato chips, cookies, crackers, french fries, doughnuts etc.) will help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- To the extent possible, use immune-boosting herbs and spices like garlic, ginger and curry powder to fight cancer.
- The way you cook food can either help or damage anti-cancer efforts. When cooking vegetables, steam until just tender using a small amount of water to preserve vitamins in them. If you boil vegetables, use the cooking water in a soup or another dish to ensure you are getting all the vitamins.
- There are some types of fat that actually help protect against cancer. Saturated fats and trans fat are the fats that are damaging. While saturated fats are found mainly in animal products such as red meat, whole milk dairy products, and eggs. Trans fats are found in liquid vegetable oils. Prefer olive and canola oil over the regular vegetable oil. Avoid anything with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
- Eat red meat in less quantity and cut down on processed meat. As consumption of too much of red meat increases the risk of cancer. In stead of beef/pork/lamb, prefer fish, poultry, or beans. You should prepare meat by baking, broiling, or poaching at lower temperatures, rather than by frying in fat or broiling or grilling excessively high temperatures. Vegetarians are less likely to develop cancer than those who eat meat.
- Fiber plays a key role in cleaning your digestive system. It helps keep food moving through your digestive tract and it also moves cancer-causing compounds before they can create any trouble. A fibre-rich diet may help prevent colorectal cancer and other digestive system cancers, including stomach, mouth, and pharynx.
- Diets high in fruit, like oranges, berries, peas, bell peppers, dark leafy greens and other foods, high in vitamin C, may lower risk of stomach, lung and esophageal cancer while vegetables containing carotenoids such as carrots, brussels sprouts and squash, help reduce the risk of lung, mouth, pharynx, and larynx cancers.
Diets high in non-starchy vegetables (broccoli, spinach, and beans) is considered effective for stomach and esophageal cancer. Foods high in lycopene, such as tomatoes guava, and watermelon, may lower the risk of prostate cancer. The less processed food, the better.
- For 425 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please Visit here.
Thursday, 8 June 2017
'Jealousy' arises from a resentful longing for another person's qualities, advantages or luck. It is usually aggravated in those with low self-esteem or those discontented with their own situation. It might ruin your work equations and affect your overall productivity. How are some solutions to overcome this problem:-
- First step is to analyse whether their behavior affects your work or not. Avoid office politics and gossip. If you maintain a clean image and even temperament, the efforts of somebody trying to ruin your reputation with baseless claims will yield no results.
- If two of you have to work in proximity, try to resolve the conflict that might be plaguing the relationship. Misunderstandings can only be resolved if you try and directly communicate with the person concerned.
- Behave in such manner that it does not discourage or put you off. Make use of your sense of humor and laugh off the rumors doing the round. Conducting yourself with dignity will help you gain the respect of other colleagues. Eventually everyone will realize that the other person is out to mar your reputation and stop paying attention to his / her gossip.
- If the above steps do not work out, try and convey your thoughts to your immediate superior, if team work is getting affected. Suggest to change the team members and / or lay down certain golden rules. But make sure that your colleague does not feel that you are ganging up on him or her.
- How to Recognize Jealous Peers at Your Workplace? (1) The person will stop talking to you. (2) Won't appreciate you if you have achieved the target, set by the company. & (3) He or she will talk behind your back.
- For 420 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please Visit here.
In this world, there are all type of people. Each one of us has unique personality and are different in nature. However, there are certain type of people who are known to spread negativity and thrive in what others see as 'toxic' behaviour. As they can cause a lot of damage, you should first need to identify them before you decide how to deal with them:-
- There are some people who are very eager to know everything that is happening in everyone's life and joyfully spread the details with utomost happiness to whoever (?) cares to listen to them. You should avoid these type of people who knowingly run down someone behind their back.
- There are some people who do not think twice in forming an opinion based on the smallest thing that is said or done, leaving you scratching your head. They often look down on people and consider them inferior. Judgmental people find it difficult to accept things because they are often rigid in their thinking.
- Nothing can ever make jealous people satisfied with what they have (even when good things happen to them). They always think someone else had it better or feel like they were left shortchanged.
- Some people frequently or always play victim card so often that eventually, you begin to wonder whether they are bringing it all on themselves or simply making things seem unnecessarily bleak. Victims are unable to take responsibility for anything that goes wrong in their lives and drain you off mentally and emotionally with their tales of woe.
- There are some people who manipulate you and are good at gauging your moods, likes and dislikes and (mis)use it to their advantage. They won't stop at getting things out of you, but will rarely step in to help when you need it.
- For 420 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please Visit here.
Sunday, 9 October 2016
Couples who have a healthy & active sex life have the habit down to a science. Anyone can steal the tricks of people who make sex a priority. There is no 'Kama Sutra' or self-help book required. Instead, it all comes down to tapping into your own psychology. Here are some research-backed secrets of couples who have regular sex with their (respective) partners:-
- Personality affects every aspect of life, including sex. Newly-wed couples in which woman ranked high in agreeableness, or the desire to please others, tended to have sex more often than other couples. The research looked at the personality traits like conscientiousness, agreeableness, openness, neuroticism and extraversion to make a conclusion.
The study also found that while men tried to initiate sex more, the women were ultimately the ones who determined whether or not the couple engaged in the activity.
- A study found extra hours of sleep corresponded with higher levels of sexual desire in college-aged women.
- Emotional intimacy can spark physical intimacy. 75% of sexually satisfied men and 74% of sexually satisfied women reported that their partner said 'I Love You' during their last sexual encounter. Many of the same individuals also said that setting the mood and engaging in sexy talk also helped with satisfaction.
- Trying new things in bed also make the respondents happier. And who won't want to engage in an activity that makes them happy more often?
- Regular physical activity can enhance sex drive, particularly for men. Men who exercise more report better erectile function. Regular workouts also may help reverse a low sex drive.
- Sex is supposed to be pleasurable, not an item to-do list. When couples were asked to have more sex, they viewed it more like a chore and subsequently experienced a drop in mood. The key goal to having better sex may be not making it a goal at all and just letting the desire - whenever it hits - steer either couple in the right direction.
- For 410 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please Visit here.