'Blood Pressure', a silent killer slowly gets worse without any serious symptoms. Here are some tips to overcome hypertension:-
- People who sleep five hours or less a night may be at a high risk of developing high BP. Lack of sleep could hurt body's ability to regulate stress hormones, leading to high BP. At least 7 hours sleep is a necessity for everybody.
- Salt makes body retain water. Eating too much salt leads to storage of extra water in our body. If you are overweight, a high intake of salt increases your risk of cardiovascular disease. Even BP medicines do not work. It is better to avoid processed meats, fish high on salt and table salt with meals.
- A diet rich in fruits and vegetables combined with low-fat dairy foods significantly lowers BP. Full of vitamins, minerals and fibre, fruits and vegetables also contain pottassium. They are low in sodium which helps to balance out the negatives of salt, lowering the BP.
- Physical exercise is your drug-free treatment for hypertension. Regular physical activity makes heart stronger which can pump more blood with less effort. Also mediating at least 10 minutes daily helps to sleep better and it is a restorative part of physical health.
- For 395 more highly useful TIPS / TOPICS for all age groups, please Visit here.