Getting the most thrill out of travel destinations depends on how foolproof your travel plans are. How are some of the mistakes which you can avoid to enjoy your journey:-
- Not booking enough connection time between two flights is one of the mistakes most travellers commit. You should have gap of at least / minimum an hour and a half between two connecting flights.
- Most countries demand that your passport should be valid for 3-6 months past the date of your flight home. Also make sure that your passports have adequate blank pages.
- If travelling abroad, book the tickets 3-6 months in advance. Sale schemes can save you a lot but figure out whether they are genuine, especially the terms and conditions like cancellation charges, date change penalty etc.
- Airlines designate very limited number of seats on each flight as eligible for reward travel and these seats are sold quickly. Redeem your frequent flier miles by booking in advance.
- While booking hotels, got for convenient hotels in stead of cheap hotels as taxi fares in certain cities are costly.
- Before you leave, have adequate foreign currency as, if you travel to an unknown city, your problem will get worse.
- While roaming in the city abroad, use your bargaining skills well if you like something and just buy it in stead of searching for another shop for better deals.
- Sometimes, you may be forced to gate-check your hand luggage due to overweight or size of the luggage. Keep your valuables in a pouch and pack in to your hand luggage. You can remove this pouch and carry with you, leaving the hand luggage.
- If you are having credit card and want to use it while travelling, know thoroughly about the fees for currency withdrawls, purchasing etc. Else, you will lose lot of money.