Divorce is on the rise, be it a city or a village in India. Divorces which were common in the US have now become common even in India. You will be surprised to know that around 85% of divorce cases are initiated by women. Here are the some basic reasons for divorce in India:-
- Working Status of the couples is one of the reasons. Wife needs to respect her husband who is the only earning member and the husband has to set aside their egos when his wife earns more than him. As either / both fail to adjust with each other, it leads to divorce. Financial freedom is one of the reasons for divorce.
- Mostly Middle-class & Rich Families (both in rural / urban areas) have started believing that their daughter can have a better life (after divorce) without a husband.
- Since most couples are working, their timings do not match, leading to lack of interpersonal communication.
- People (men or women) nowadays concentrate more on the careers and less on their personal lives.
- According to Cyber-experts, there have been cases where couples hack in to each other's email & social network accounts to colect evidence for divorce.
- Changing attitudes in urban India along with the growing independence of women has led to increase in divorce among older couple.
- Modern woman are able to get a solid position in society, so they become more financial independent of their husbands. Thus, if their husbands can't make them happy, they can find a new love.
- Some of the most common reasons for divorce are : (1) Communication Gap, misunderstandings & Lack of mutual understanding. (2) Extra-marital Affairs (3) Ego between the Partners (4) Abnormal behaviour by either or both. (5) Stress (6) Not satisfied with each other & (7) Property Issues.